Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Comeback Queens!

MEET THE LADIES
OF THE
NCOST U16 TEAM:

Meet the ladies of the NCOST U16 team: Sophia (Calabogie), Jillian (MSM), Nicole (Camp Fortune) &, Sophie (Vorlage)

My name is Sophie Thomas and I am a rookie U16 that comes from Mont Vorlage. Although this is my first camp with the team it's awesome that I have made new friendships and share inside jokes with my teammates. The girls have already bonded so much that we break out into dance jam sessions when we need to expel some energy. I idolize local world cup skier Mikaela Tommy because for such a young alpine star she is an amazing competitor. My main goal for the season is to finish in the top 3 or top 5 locally when I obtain a race result. 

Hi! I'm Sophia Tan and I am also a U16 rookie. I come from Calabogie. I am really excited to be around such a competitive, concentrated and creative learning environment. I really relate well to Marie-Michele Gangnon because like her I am confident in my skiing because I work hard, but I have yet to achieve a result that affirms this competitiveness. That being said, my goal for this season is to qualify for both mid-winter CanAm's and CanAm Finals in Stowe, VT. We bought so much food at Costco before coming to Panorama That I accidentally demolished 21 eggs. We all laughed about it because we had 70 or so more left over. 

My name is Nicole Clarke and I am on the NCOST for the 2nd year as a U16. My home club is Camp Fortune. I have great relationship with both my coaches and they have helped me so much to improve my racing. My World Cup inspiration is Mikaela Shiffrin because like her, I love slalom and she absolutely dominated last season. My goal has recently become a little more challenging  as I am battling a few injuries right now but I am holding myself to qualifying for the Canada Games to be held in BC later on this season. "The squad" is awesome to hang with - when we got to Panorama we totally re-arranged our room to meet our spacial requirements.

My name is Jillian Lynott, I come from Mont Ste. Marie and it is my 2nd year on the NCOST as a U16. The best part about the NCO experience has been travelling to various ski areas within Quebec and Ontario and even training internationally. When I am skiing I try to emulate Kathrin Zettel. One of my tactical goals this year is to allow myself to ski freely, and when I watch Kathrin compete she "just goes". When this happens I will be able to achieve all my result oriented goals. I really miss my teammates from last year but this years group of girls is shaping up to be equally as awesome. *Jillian: "Remember that time Kat asked to come up with something funny to post on the blog..." girls break out laughing.*
4            -              4


The title "Comeback Queens" is fitting because the ladies are convinced they are on a roll back to the top of their trivia game. Tonight we asked questions about the NorAm Races in Aspen and Copper where local icon Mikaela Tommy competed and topped the Junior podium. We also themed World Cup questions about the history of the Super Combined event. MArty and I have noticed that the rookies (+ Hunter, the only time we've known him to be coy) are very shy when it comes to answering these questions so tomorrow night we are having a battle of the rookies + Hunter within the battle of the genders.


No comments:

Post a Comment