Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The sun is setting quickly on our camp in Chile


 “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan
Another beautiful sunset here in Chile. Not too many of these left until we journey home.
Rebecca Cook & JP debriefing after an awesome day of
pushing her comfort zone.
Not too much new to say about today. Exact same day as yesterday, and we will train again tomorrow in lane 14 in GS. Athletes have individual focuses with regards to their tactics. They are also working on some technical adjustments that will help their tactics and decision making skills in the course. We are also talking a lot about trusting their equipment and that making mistakes is part of the process of learning. As long as the athlete can be reflective and learn from the error - they are making progress.

There is some weather that is moving in on Thursday afternoon. This may make skiing on Friday before our departure challenging - depending on the clouding. If it is too cloudy/foggy to ski, we will go into Santiago with sometime to kill so the athletes can experience the city.









This puppy (pictured on the Left) has a story: I was skiing by the lane that the Waterville Valley Ski team occupied and mentioned to them that I had noticed this dog following them around. I asked if they adopted the dog or if the dog adopted them. They are staying in Farallones like many teams and this stray dog gets fed by the owners of the house that they live in, but the dog does not live there. So this pup is at least 7 years old and every year when Waterville Valley comes to El Colorado this dog runs up the mountain with the athletes, hangs out with them at the top of the lane and then runs down at the end of the day.

*If you can't tell from the dog stories, the parents of my athletes may miss their children. I miss my chocolate lab who I left at home with my parents - pictured below*



Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment